Friday, October 20, 2017

Lucky Number Seven.

Look at this wonderful little lady, our seven year old girl. How has the time gone this fast? I was sort of amazed when she got herself dressed yesterday morning and picked out her school shirt and leggings. So sporty! So unlike her usual MO which is to weep and ask for me to make alternations if she's ever required to wear a school or camp tee shirt (she picked it out HERSELF!)

She did change for her birthday party.

She started the morning by climbing in with us, then going and getting her presents to open in bed. Did not really care about the books or the sequined skirt (which if I could fit into it, I would wear!) but she was THRILLED with her spatulas and sugar sequins from the Nerdy Nummies baking line, and while Adam was napping, she helped me frost her cupcake cake.

In her Nerdy Nummies apron of course. She also said to me "oh mommy, I didn't know we owned an offset spatula!" as she went to work. She's a true pastry artist.

NOT HELPFUL (please note her blue whiskers.)

As you can see, she was pleased with the final product.

Despite sobbing in the morning about it not being his birthday and him not having any presents, Adam was a much better sport about the evening present opening, mostly because he had a confetti fight with himself.

(I did remind Ellie that during his birthday, since she wouldn't let him help, she can't offer to help him. I also told her after she spent Lexi's birthday party crying about not having Lexi's full attention, she needs to remember how to be the best hostess and play with all of her party guests. Kristen also said she'd bring the decorated limbo-stick from Lexi's party, so that I can hit Ellie if she starts caterwalling. Or so the kids can limbo, WHICHEVER.)

For her birthday menu, Ellie originally asked for pigs in a blanket, which I'm fine with because you can still get nice sausage and crescent rolls and fancy them up for those who aren't super into tubed meat. Then she said she wanted corn dogs, which I am less all about (and not prepared to make myself!) So, we did half pigs and half pre-made frozen corn dogs and everyone was happy. Even used her little onions from the field trip in the salad! And cake, pumpkin pie ice cream and whipped cream.

Parenting, you have to lean in.

We are a very nice family, as always.

We ended the evening with a wonderful dance party, as usual. Including an epic dance battle between Ellie and I. And Jake was a wonderful dance partner to all small children, making them levitate!





All in all, a fantastic night for our fantastic girl. And then I snuck in at 10:30 to look at her, at the moment she was born, and cry a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment