Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Post-Warming

I know, I know, I am a terrible blog-lady, and you all want the hot details of Big Tim's 30th birthday housewarming party.

The sad thing is, I didn't take any pictures. I do however, have these two, which my friend took during the day. One is of me in a dress up empress crown (the sweater and necklace were what I was wearing just as part of my regular wardrobe) and a picture of Tim in the birthday crown I made him (thanks for the inspiration, Auntie Lisa.)

Can you tell I used a special new face brightening primer under my makeup? I didn't think so.

Tim's crown featured LOLcats, a sexy picture of Bill Gates, shots of various video games, some binary, and computer pieces that his friends generously donated to the cause. Thanks, nerds. I made him wear the crown throughout the day to impress our guests. Eileen actually deigned to kiss his ring, he looked so official. The crown made him so tall that he had to duck under doors.

Suffice to say, the party was good. We had guests in and out from 11:30 in the morning until I booted everyone at 11:30 at night. At one point, around dinner time, we had about 45 people running through the house (it was mostly the toddlers running.) Miracle of miracles, nothing was broken (though my guest toilet apparently isn't used to being flushed so much - we have the Onalaska Branch of Thiel & Sons Home Repair looking into possible causes before the California supervisor and I try to take the toilet off and replace the wax seal) and nothing was spilled on the new carpet. People were good sports about the no shoes rule in the house, which was especially good given the rain.

We had a great time! It was so good to see everyone and the house felt very warmed. We feel so lucky to be well loved by so many. It was especially awesome of Grandma to make the trek out to celebrate with us. Tim and his nerds got to see the new Medal of Honor trailer premiere (the game Tim was working on before he left EA) and Servite won the CIF championship game. What more could a boy ask for? Oh yes, he also got a PS3 and some new Blu-Ray movies.

On Friday night we'd gone to Tim's company party. We carpooled with his former EA coworker turned new Blizzard coworker Ed, and Ed's girlfriend Erlynn. They are awesome - we love them. Ed especially cracks me up because he is like if Tim and Jake had a baby together, but he is also from Ohio, so he understands my midwestern-ness. Also, I can boss him around because he doesn't know sometimes when I'm kidding.

The party was fun, though we didn't know very many people. I dressed up gaudily and then ate a lot of tiny desserts. We also played some pretend blackjack, and I placed my bets like a drunk heiress. Go big, or go home.

Here I am in my fur coat, eating a tiny dessert (a mocha whipped thingie inside a chocolate cup.)

Before we left, we decided to take a couple of quick photos in front of the big tree. Here are Ed and Erl, posing like prom.

Tim photo-bombed them, so we decided to try again.

And yet again, he was a nuisance.

Then it was our turn. Dammit Tim.

That's better. Look for us on next year's Christmas card.

On the way out, we noticed a set up for Santa. So of course, we had to screw around.


All of that tomfoolery made Tim thirsty. We hope Santa won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment