Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday Extravaganza.

We are on the backside of the holiday fun, and just looking forward to a couple of days of relaxing. Both Tim and I received paid vacation from our employers, which is awesome. I was saying to someone that it's one thing to go on vacation over the holidays, but it's another thing to have your office closed. When the office closes, it's easier to lounge around, because there's less worry about someone sending you a big stinky turd of an email, or a "when you get back, I have a hot potato burning on your desk" type assignment. It's much easier to just kick back, knowing that the CEO is doing the same.

So let's see. We celebrated Don's 64th birthday on the 23rd (verdict: we will still need him, we will still feed him, and were are working on the grandchildren for his knee.) Santa came to visit all of the little kids, and unlike last year when Tim, Jake and I had to try to convince Carter that sitting on Santa's lap was the cool thing to do, this year all of the kiddos were all about hanging with Santa. I didn't even get to sit on his lap this year! I made a cake and cookies for the party - thank goodness for my fancy new baked goods carriers.

On Christmas Eve I went to zumba with mom in the morning, and then came home for a nap. We went over around three for apps, drinks and chatting. My friend Lauren drove down from LA to join us, and Sara managed to hold on until she arrived, about 6:30ish. We had some really nice present opening.

Grandma and Grandpa are beginning to gift away some of the things they'd like to share with their children and grandchildren, and Grandma asked that I take pictures of the show. So here you go. Here is Sara in her new apron (all of the girls got them this year, except for me, because she'd already made me one. I have a table runner now in matching fabric.)


Here is dad opening his card from G&G

Here is his first gift - a commemorative coin from the 1995 Special Olympics World Games. Tim asked if Eunice Shriver was on the face of the coin.

It was, and then dad nearly died laughing.

He also received his great-grandpa's pocketwatch. It's over 100 years old and started up right away after being wound.

Tim with his drill set, and Lauren with her fabulous scarf.

Christmas morning I made pancakes for Lauren and Tim, and then mom and dad stopped over with our stockings from Santa. We went over to the Fockers for present opening, and then to Cathy and Evan's for Christmas with the Ford Hoard (I know they're actually Smiths, but Smith doesn't rhyme with anything useful.)

Cathy and Evan have acquired a trampoline since the last time I was there. How interesting! I spent a lot of time hopping with the little girls. Mary kept on yelling at me for bouncing her, but I can't help it - she needs to gain a little weight. I really wanted to see if I could still do a flip or two, but I didn't want the little girls to see me and attempt it themselves. Plus Eileen was watching me like a hawk, knowing my history of trampoline injuries. I am a cautionary tale.

Tim went down to Murrieta on Christmas night to hang out with his cousins and play video games. I hung out with mom and we went to see Nine. Today Tim and I met up for brunch with a college friend of mine and her husband Tim, and now we are home being lazy. It is as it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment