Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

We've had a nice weekend. Saturday night we went out with Ma and Pa Ford for Eileen's birthday. We went to Splashes, where we also celebrated her birthday five years ago. I remember thinking how nice it was that Tim's parents were inviting me along, because Splashes is a classy joint, and Tim and I were just dating then - we weren't even engaged yet (as far as his parents knew!) I have a picture of us from that night on our fridge, and now we have another one to add to the collection.

Plus the Lakers won, and that always makes Eileen happier than any swanky dessert options.

Yesterday we went a BBQ hosted by some of Tim's long time family friends. I managed to eat two hot dogs, which makes ME happier than any swanky dessert options. It was nice to visit with everyone. I hung out with three year old Carly Rose and her 11 month old, 27 pound brother Drew. He is a healthy little heavy. I had to drink a beer to prove to the moms that I am not incubating live young (hanging out with such cute kids gives me a little baby fever though, I will admit.)

Today we just relaxed, which was MUCH needed. Since March 21st, I have spent at least one day of my weekend out of town. Sometimes in La Crosse or San Francisco, but mostly just a lot of time spent driving between Los Angeles and Orange County. Much as I love everyone, it gets OLD. I am a lazy old homebody and I like sitting on my couch until I force myself to shower at 3pm. Okay, 5pm. But I do put on clean pajamas after I shower, so that means something, right?

Tonight we went into Westwood, which always makes me feel old. There's a lot of vacant retail spaces, and I was genuinely sad when I found out that the Rite Aid that I frequented much as an undergrad was closed. We had sushi and then went to see "The Boys," which is the BEST movie I have seen in 2009 (Tim says I only think so because I haven't seen Terminator.) It's about Bob and Dick Sherman, two brothers with incredibly different personalities and sentiments who worked together to create many of the Disney songs that we all know and love. During the two hour documentary I literally teared up ten times - getting misty over my childhood memories.

I would also like to recommend Whoppers covered in Reeses peanut butter. I bought some at the grocery store, but then had to throw away half of the box to keep myself from just pouring them down my gullet. But the next road trip I take? I am buying some to fortify myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment