Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Happy Campers

The kids have been at their day camp for the past almost two weeks, and they are having a blast. They are each with a friend (super cute - on the first day a counselor introduced themselves to the boys, and after Adam and Judd introduced themselves back, Adam goes "we're friends. Best friends!" Noted, my dude) and the camp is very intensely outdoorsy. They've gone horse back riding, they've gone to the tidepools in Dana Point, they do slip and slides and rock wall climbing and archery and skateboard and all sorts of other wholesome activities led by nice young men and women who go by funny camp names. This year Ellie and Lexi are with Decade, and Adam and Judd are with Hero.

Scrawny McSunburn, on his way to the slip and slide.

Ellie, whose mean mom won't let her attend camp in one of her regular teeny weeny bikinis, because her mean mom doesn't trust that she won't come home totally roasted.

A very filthy foursome last week when there was some sort of scavenger activity with dinosaur dust and cavemen hunting the kids.

A shot from beach day - Adam and Judd are the two in the lower right corner (Judd has his back to the camera)

They are loving the whole experience, and I am loving #1, that I have the entire day to myself and that #2, when they come home, they are so happy and tired that I feel no guilt in having them shower, eat dinner early and watch TV until bed time.



Also pleasing to me: this three pound dingus, with his stripey back, his spotted belly and his weird little feet. That's right, I talked Tim into a third cat! His name is Sky and we all love him (except for Lucky, who isn't really into other cats who want to be in her business. She hisses at Taco almost every day for bothering her, what's one other obnoxious cat pest?)

Man, I haven't updated in awhile, so I missed out on informing you all that while I had a girls weekend in Ojai, Tim got to take the kids to Disneyland with a friend of ours who works for The Mouse. My beautiful family, all having a great time on Space Mountain, as you can see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment