Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Quick Funny

Last week I took Adam in for his six year wellness visit. These one a year visits are fun because the doctor actually asks the kids the questions directly, so fun to see how they answer (please note: Ellie loves to sell me out given the opportunity. Like, asked if she always rides in a car seat, she's quick to reply that ONE TIME in Wisconsin she got to just ride in the back seat.) When asked if he slept well at night, if he had nightmares, Adam was like "I have nightmares every night!" He doesn't. I mean, maybe he does - I don't sleep in his room, I don't know what goes on in his brain, so maybe he does have bad dreams from time to time, but he almost NEVER comes in our room at night, and if he does, he wants us to come and adjust his bedding, find Lamby, or give him some water. It's NEVER that he's been in mental agony.

We also did the hearing and eye test and he's perfect. This is the funny part - so they had him read the eye chart with both eyes opened, he did great. They had him cover one eye, he did great. Then the nurse told him to cover his other eye, which he did. Without uncovering the first eye, so he goes "Oh wow, this is going to be HARD!" And indeed, I did laugh so hard (his second eye was also fine. Also, he's in the 90th percentile for height, so I guess I should stop saying "he's tall, but not super tall." He is indeed super tall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment