Friday, April 13, 2018

Shark Bait, Hoo-Ha-Ha.

So, our daughter is a shark.

She has been waiting to lose a tooth FOREVER. I mean, a year ago she'd come and tell me she had a wiggly tooth, and I'd try the tooth to find it was about as wiggly as one of my permanent adult teeth. Most of her classmates have the majority of their new front teeth in, but there's Ellie, still milking those baby teeth. And while we were waiting, her adult teeth started coming in behind the baby teeth, thus making her a ferocious land shark lady.

The teeth finally started getting wiggly, but showed no interest in going anywhere. I've wiggled them, I've tried to yank them out, I've sent Tim and other adults to do the job, but those babies were hanging in, and I just kept telling Ellie, you have a dentist appointment on the 12th, and if they're not out by then I bet Dr. Michelle will want to pull them.

And lo, yesterday was the 12th, and Dr. Michelle did indeed think they needed to come out so that her permanent teeth wouldn't be further jacked up by their predecessors overstaying their welcome. Ellie LOVES the dentist, and even having two teeth extracted didn't dampen her excitement (probably because of the laughing gas.) She actually laughed after they yanked out the second one! And thankfully, this time Adam actually sat and let them clean and x-ray his teeth. Six months ago he let Dr. Michelle look in his mouth and then screamed about the rest. Also thankfully, I was worried that one of his front teeth was going to die after he fell flat on his face in Chicago last summer, but the damage wasn't too terrible and though it went gray for a bit, it's healed and looks almost completely normal now.

After the dentist, we got a Frosty and then went out to Tip A Cop dinner with Gigi and Grizz, where I warned Ellie that she wouldn't be able to show her teeth around at the table. But she was able to put them under her pillow, and this morning woke up to find two gold dollars, which I think would make Grandpa Howie happy. I love thinking about how much he enjoyed the gold coins. Quote "I like to leave them as tips, because the waitress thinks she's only getting seventy five cents, but she's really getting three dollars!" Also funny - when I went to the bank to get said gold dollars, the banker only had 19 in his drawer, which was fine. But he did offer I could order them in a box of 1,000. First of all, how many teeth do you think my children have? (maybe more, if Ellie really does turn out to be a shark) and second of all, who needs a thousand dollars in gold coins? How do you even put them in your car? Where do you store them? I imagine it's beyond heavy. Nineteen should do me well for quite a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment