Friday, March 2, 2018

Turf Toe

Like the Californians we are, we have officially ripped out our back lawn. It started going down hill a couple of years ago when our neighbors cut down their trees and flooded the back yard with light, and then the drought hit and we weren't supposed to water. Not that I would have watered anyways, because I am mostly terrible at yard work, and Tim is way worse.

I did some fairly successful re-seeding last year during the rainy season, but there's something going on with our sprinkler system so... it died. And I figured, by the time we got the sprinklers fixed and the grass redone, we'd have spent about as much as we would on replacing it with turf, plus there's probably another drought around the corner, so I'd have to let my new grass die.

Yesterday the turf company was here by 8, done by 3, and now we have a beautiful green backyard. The turf is softer than I expected it to be, and perfect for all kinds of sports, from gymnastics to just running around like a wild man.

I think it's going to be a really nice summer, out there enjoying a green lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment