Sunday, December 17, 2017

New Loves.

Turns out, a house with only one cat doesn't feel like a home. God love Thor, but he's a pretty crummy pet. He mostly lives in our bedroom, under the bed or in the closet, or laying in the bathroom sink. He'll come out to eat, and he comes out for love when the kids aren't around, but unlike Lulu, he won't lay and sleep on the couch with us - he's got to be walking all over us, doing some good stomping and meowing. He's not much of a snuggler, though he does sleep on Tim's feet at night.

I told Ellie, somewhere out there, new kittens for us exist, and someday we will find them. Wednesday and Thursday night I even ventured to search through Petfinder.com, but didn't see anyone who gave me cat-love feelings. Then on Friday, I tried searching for polydactyl cats just as a lark, and up popped a little six and seven toed tuxedo girl with a sweet face and lovely markings. Better yet, she was part of a bonded pair of kittens and came with an equally lovely, though normal-toed brother. I sent the link to Tim and told him I was going to submit an application to adopt them. I figured, given mom's experience trying to adopt Yogi Bear and Spike, it'd be months before I got to even meet my friends, but long story short, their foster mom liked my application and we had a good talk on the phone Friday night, and today I went to meet the kittens, and TOOK THEM HOME. So much for waiting until after spring break... or after Christmas even...

Ellie was delighted to see them, and started crying a little.

They are SUCH loves. They purr like crazy, they're friendly and inquisitive, and they're just DARLING.

So please welcome to TEAM Ford, Lucky Flower (seven toed girl) and Taco Big Truck (regular sweet boy.)

Happy Family!

Taco

Lucky

And for reference, Tim loves them very much too!

No comments:

Post a Comment