Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Braving the Shave

Yesterday was our day! The day to take furball Adam and buzz him into a more presentable young man. Thanks to all our nice friends, he raised over $200 for pediatric cancer research - every little bit counts, and it was good to feel like we were making lemonade out of lemons (my own hair remains a mess, but I don't see shaving my head in my future.)

Before!

After!

And what this family is really like:

Yesterday was rather up and down. Adam has taken to being a real pill when asked to do any writing for school - that's what he got all het up about on Friday, and then yesterday I told him he had to free write for fifteen minutes, about whatever he wanted. He sat there for fifteen minutes, told me he was still thinking, and then when I said he was going to get a consequence for not doing the work, he started screaming, stormed off to his room and told me I was the meanest person ever and that he hated me. I'm not even mad about what he said, because I know he doesn't mean it, I'm just mad because GET YOURSELF TOGETHER AND DO THE WORK. I'm not here for these kinds of scenes.

This is what he eventually wrote:
"Dear Mom, I'm sorry for being mean to you I know (indecipherable) I should never say I hate you so can I have prodigy back? in the picture box in the box color it in. P.S. Please write back."

Definitely going to save this one forever.

Then during outdoor PE we saw some tiny ducklings, so the day was not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment