Tuesday, April 7, 2020

SPRING BREAK!!!!

Whoooooo! So Crazy and Wild!!!!!

We were supposed to be at the Grand Canyon by now, but canceled everything two weeks ago. I felt bad for the people whose AirBnBs we were scheduled to stay in, hoping that wasn't their main source of income, but also happy to get my money back! The smaller bummer is that it's been pouring since Sunday night - the kind of rain we don't often get, the kind where we have to keep lights on in the house during the day. Makes me feel even more like a deflated balloon.

The kids are doing okay. They are thus far unaware that they won't be returning to their classrooms this year. I had hoped the district would cancel spring break so we could just plow through and be done with this nonsense a week earlier, but I understand that the distance learning is a ton of work for the teachers, and they are probably still scrambling this week to prepare lesson plans and learning options. We had gotten in a pretty good routine last week, so it's hard to go nothing, especially when we can't really go outside.

We did try to escape this morning, but only made it a little bit down the trail before the rain picked back up. Still saw some ducklings though, so that's fun!

I am impressed with how well they're doing, how nice they're being to one another. I love watching when they start doing made up games together, or using boxes to create things for their dolls. I am about to brave Target for groceries and also hopefully a few items for their Easter baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment