Thursday, January 13, 2022

Well Then...

 Man, I don't really know what to say - sorry for abandoning you, my little baby blog. And what to say? We had a good holiday season - lots of thankfulness to be able to be with Mimi and Poppy and Jake and Halyn for Thanksgiving dinner. And at Christmas, happy to have our usual slate of activities including Poppy's birthday party and visit with Santa, Christmas Eve present opening and appetizer eating with Gigi and Grizz and Sara, and then Christmas morning brunch here with everyone, moving into Christmas afternoon with Mimi's giant family.


We also had another little Central Coast getaway with Amelia, Bobby and Caitlin (and their parents) which was great. We stayed at a house with a beautiful view, and just lazed around. The kids kept asking if we were going to go do something, any activities planned, and we were like "nope, go play video games together. You're always dying to do exactly that, come bother us when you're hungry."

The kids are fully vaccinated, and Tim and I are boosted. I am so thankful for modern medicine and the ability to help ensure their safety, and the community's safety. We unfortunately are back in a lock down this week after a close contact, but in much less of a panic than we would have been even a few months ago. There's no New Year, New Me when it comes to Adam doing his school work, so he and I are just struggling to get the work done. Our teachers are the true heroes, my goodness. 

It's also wild to me to think that we're coming on two years since the initial lock down. I think about being feeling at the end of my tether in March when they first came home - who would have thought it would be an entire year before they re-entered their school building? Or back in February 2020, when Adam said something about the coronavirus, I asked him who had mentioned it. When he said Tim I told Tim privately "hey, let's not talk about it around the kids, it's not a thing they need to be worried about." And yet, it's consumed a huge chunk of their childhood years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment