Tuesday, November 9, 2021

October Catch Up.

I know! I can't believe I'm so behind the times. Remember 11 years ago when I'd updated every day on Ellie even though she didn't do anything except hang out on the couch with me? 


And now she's a real pre-teen, not just in attitude, but in age! She's such a funny person. This year has been a lot of changes and challenges, and I'm really proud of who she's becoming. She's back to making a lot of little art projects, in addition to her continued Minecraft work. She's great on her swim team, and got to move up a level in gymnastics. (which is also where she got exposed to COVID, only two weeks before being able to get vaccinated. Thankfully all her tests came back negative, but their upcoming vaccine appointment cannot come soon enough!)

We also had a great Halloween. Ellie was an elf (wood elf, not Christmas elf) and Adam was Hanzo from Overwatch. All of his other little dude friends were Overwatch heroes as well, which makes me laugh. They got one million pounds of candy and had a wonderful time with their friends.

Their school was able to hold the jogathon fundraiser last week (guess who organized it) and I think all the kids had a good time. We certainly raised a ton of money for the school, which was the goal. And now I'm in prize packing gulag, getting all of the crummy dollar store prizes bagged for the students. The company we work with for the fun run "provides" the prizes, as in, yesterday a FedEx truck tried to drop off 37 giant boxes at my house, and I begged them to follow me to the school instead. We cannot be on campus at the same time as the students, for COVID rules, so I guess I will live at the school for the next few afternoons.

No comments:

Post a Comment