Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Mother's Day

Belated, but we had a really lovely Mother's Day weekend. The kids had their aforementioned performances and t-ball practices, but then we took it early Saturday night, watched a movie and lazed around. And then on Sunday Tim and the kids made me breakfast in bed, brought me my coffee and showered me with cards and affection. I must also say, I love having a preschooler, because preschool teachers really turn it out when it comes to cards and crafty stuff.


When I look at this picture, I think of my dad telling my mom "I could have had Meg with anyone woman in the world, and she'd look just the same." It's like he stole my face, except with a new hair cut.

Ellie also made a little book about why she likes her mom at school. My favorite part is how she captured my true essence - a cat lady who is happiest when being left alone to read in bed.



Also for Mother's Day, Tim ordered me a hammock.

I even let my family lounge in it sometimes! On Sunday, Tim then took the kids out to his mom's house for brunch, and my mom and I went to the swap meet, and then out to the Hat for a high quality lunch of pastrami and chili cheese fries. What mama wants, mama gets! Then he even brought me a drink out in the hammock, where I read a book until we went to have dinner with Gigi and Grizz and Auntie Sara (who does the best mothering of pretty much anyone.) We are lucky to have such nice Gigis and Mimis and Aunties, and I am lucky to have such wonderful kids, and such a supportive partner as their dad. The other day I was hugging Ellie and I couldn't believe how tall she was. It blows my mind that this big beautiful girl once was my teeny tiny baby, small enough to live inside my actual body! I wonder how much longer I have before both of my children tower over me.


No comments:

Post a Comment