Monday, March 12, 2018

The Greatest Showman

Kristen and Lexi invited Ellie and I to go and see the Greatest Showman with them yesterday. I'd wanted to see it when it first came out because I love all musicals, but it didn't get great reviews and Tim wasn't interested, so we didn't, to my great consternation. So, I was glad I could still catch it in theaters, and see it with my small friend.

Ellie LOVED it. She and Lexi were dancing along in their seats, and during the love song, we looked over and the two of them were leaning against each other, holding hands. Both hands. Then during a scary scene towards the end, they both fled to cuddle against their mothers. It's nice that she's at an age where she can sit through a movie without much fuss - she ate some popcorn and a sandwich, she had her water, but she wasn't whispering or fidgeting (makes me feel better about my decision to buy tickets to take her to Hamilton!)

Afterwards, we wandered through the mall, and we let them try on some make up Sephora. As you can see, Ellie's tastes are incredibly understated:


Everyone came back to the house, where we eventually ordered pizza for dinner, but before that, I bought the Greatest Showman soundtrack and brought the Bose player outside for us to listen. And Ellie and Lexi made up some sweet gymnastics dance routines. Looks like someone watched too much ice dancing during the Olympics!




No comments:

Post a Comment