Thursday, November 10, 2016

Who Watches the Watchers?

Last week was Blizzcon, and a chance for Tim to go and celebrate Overwatch with a convention center of his nearest and dearest nerd friends. This year, since he's so smart and pretty, he got to be a part of the Q&A panel. I missed it live, but had friends sending me photos of him, and was able to watch it all after the fact. You can too, if you desire! (it's nearly an hour long, as a warning.)



And this is what he looked like the morning of, helping Ellie rearrange her hair bows while Adam played Mario in his lap.

This week has been pretty depressing around here. Like the left wing nut jobs that we are, Tim and I were horrified that Trump won. It makes me so sad that someone who spouts such hatred holds the highest office in the land, because to me, those sort of statements are deal breakers, beyond issues of fiscal or foreign policy. On Tuesday when we were driving home "You've Got to Be Carefully Taught" from South Pacific came over the iPod, and I was feeling buoyant, thinking that I'd have a moment where I'd be able to tell my kids (who I am teaching to treat people with respect, to treat everyone as an equal) that there was no place for that kind of divisive rhetoric, and instead, in the morning, all I could do was remind them that we have to do our best to treat people with care.

No comments:

Post a Comment