Friday, March 18, 2016

Flowers, Etc.

A compare and contrast. Every year I try to take a picture of the kids in front of the Indian Hawthorn while they're in bloom. The top is one of the funniest pictures of toddler Ellie - please note the total hack job I did on her bangs, and the remains of her huge, Harry-Potter-style bruise, which was easily twice the size when she first whacked herself on the bathroom tile. The second is from a few days ago - when I couldn't get Adam to smile, Ellie helped.

We've missed Gigi and Grizz this week while they've been off skiing, but I am happy to report that I was on time to get Sara to work EVERY DAY. And Sara was quite like a mouse on the mornings she slept over - I didn't really hear her until she was opening the front door, which is hard because I'm fairly attuned towards noises coming from the kids' rooms.

And we've kept busy - yesterday we did a cupcake tasting as a favor to cousin Emily (I know, how horrible of her to ask us to do a cake tasting for her, she owes me BIG now.) We've spent a lot of time at the park, we've hung out with friends, we've played with Auntie Sara, and done some solid zoning out in front of the TV. Today Ellie's school had a Pick-A-Book picnic, where they encouraged parents to come at 10:45 with a picnic lunch and a book to read, and we all sat on our blankets and read together. Then on our way out, we detoured through the school book fair. Ellie got a Frozen book and Adam got a book about construction vehicles, so your average book picking with those two.

The only bad part has been Adam running a fever yesterday and this morning. I'm not surprised - we were at a party a few weeks ago where one of the kids was getting over being sick, and this week all of the other kids have gone down with coughs and fevers, because small children are disgusting plague rats, but I'm hoping that he'll be able to rally. Yesterday he spent the first two hours of the morning curled up in my lap, sucking his thumb, and at nap time and bedtime he fell asleep in my arms while I was rocking him. Sick babies, they are so sad and yet also so very sweet and snuggly (and sweaty, yuck.) The cutest was yesterday when he wandered into the bathroom as I was putting myself together and said "oh, you wook so pwetty. Mommy, you a pwincess. And I your pwince. We haff to dance," and we held hands and danced for a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment