Thursday, October 29, 2015

Beta

Overwatch has now been released to closed beta, so it's been a very exciting week around here. I am unbelievably proud of him and all of his wonderful nerds. It's certainly been a long road to get to this point - we moved into our house six years ago for him to work on at Blizzard, and his hard work is finally out there for the world to enjoy.

AND I'm so excited that I actually play it! I'm not good (at all) but I'm having fun. I enjoy playing the Russian bodybuilder hero, not in small part because one of Tim's coworkers pointed out that she sort of looks like me in the face and hair (wish I was that buff!)


The funniest thing is that Tuesday, one of Tim's coworkers sent an email to the team with a screen shot of an excited, swear filled chat from someone in the game, who was loving the action. Then an exec sent out a screen shot his wife had sent him, of someone typing "wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" during the game she'd been playing. Tim took one look at the second email and had to say to everyone "guys, that's my wife." I was trying to walk and chat at the same time! I don't know what's going on! Don't make fun of me you guys! Everyone had quite a good laugh. Mostly me. Tim keeps asking if I want to join a game with his coworkers and friends - big no thanks to that! I only like to humiliate myself in front of strangers.

This past weekend we did a family photo shoot for Don's 70th birthday. I don't want to spoil too many surprises BUT, I definitely think we got our Christmas card photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment