Sunday, October 5, 2014

Hot Hot Heat.

It continues to be unseasonably warm here, and I continue to be miserable about it all. I am wilted and melting and crabby. It's just hard. Errands are miserable hot. Our AC runs fine, but I feel stir crazy because it's too hot to spend any time outside, even with the patio cover. I feel like laying down on the side of the trail during morning runs.

Saturday night we were trying to figure out something to do, and decided that since we live in Southern California, where it's too hot to live, we might as well enjoy some of the perks of this dump, so we went and had tacos in Laguna Beach and then went to the beach to watch the sunset.





The food was delicious, the kids were well behaved, and the beach wasn't too terribly crowded. We had a nice half hour digging in the sand and watching the sun set, and both kids dipped their toes in for a bit but didn't try to get totally coated in sand. Plus who doesn't like the smell of salt air and the sound of the waves?

The only downside was that this was the best sunset photo of me and my children that I could get.
Can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment