Friday, August 9, 2013

Selfies.

I finally got a new phone last week, after an initial misfire. Started with a Samsung phone, ended up taking it back and getting an iPhone 5. It took some getting used to, what with me being a confirmed PC and all, but I love the new camera.


Ellie very much enjoys taking selfies using the camera facing us. She is a loon, and she also makes me a bit worried for when she's a teenager. I will confiscate all cameras and camera phones at that point, I suppose.

We've had a good week. Tim and I got away for a date night on Wednesday night to see Madeleine Peyroux, the New Orleans Preservation Hall Jazz Band, and Steve Martin with Edie Brickell and the Steep Canyon Rangers at the Hollywood Bowl. It was an amazing show and a fabulous evening, well worth the four hours of drive time. We were able to stop and pick up a picnic dinner at Bottega Louie, and the whole concert was great. I miss hearing live music on the regular now that we live behind the Orange Curtain, and I really appreciate Gigi and Grizz taking the kids (and in Gigi's case, staying up until 1:30am!) so that Tim and I could escape for a bit and jam out.

This is Ellie's new favorite song:

No comments:

Post a Comment