Monday, November 28, 2011

Baby Love.

Sunday afternoon we drove up to the Valley to met Ellie's newest baby friend, Lucas Francisco, son of Fluffy. I have to say, he is my second favorite baby ever in the entire world. So sweet, and so adorable, and just the most perfect little doll. It was a little bittersweet for all of us, having Ellie and Lucas meet, because in a perfect world, she should be hanging out with his older brother, who was delivered premature in the summer of 2010. Instead, "baby Blue" will just have to keep an eye on Ellie and Lucas as they get to know each other better, and hopefully, are as snarky to each other as Fluff and I are. For example: when I was in the hospital with Ellie, Fluff texted me "I'm only going to say this once. Ellie is beautiful." Now he tells me she's ugly and smelly When we got word that Lucas had arrived safe and sound, my text to Frank was something like "I'm so glad he's here! I'm sorry he has a weirdo like you as a dad!"

I am learning fairly quickly that Ellie does not take kindly to her mommy holding other babies. She cries and gets up in my face, trying to weasel into my lap. Sometimes she's interested enough in the baby to pipe down and not be a total pest, but sadly, a lot of her interest involves trying to poke babies in the eye or stick her fingers in their mouths. Not helpful! Woe betide my hypothetical future second child... they are going to have an overbearing jealous baby for a sibling!

No comments:

Post a Comment