Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tunnel Vision.

So, good news first. I got the word about my car accident this afternoon, and it turns out that they found the other driver 100% liable for the accident, due to "failure to control her vehicle." It's funny - part of me was like, "yeah, screw you for lying and saying I hit you and then asked for money!" but part of me feels bad for her that she has to take all the blame. Even though it's totally her fault. Guilt complex! I was just worried because I was the rear car and a lot of times, that person is automatically at fault. I'm glad they figured out that on a hill, it's more likely that she accidentally stepped off the brake and rolled back than me accidentally revving it forward into the car in front of me. At the very least, everyone is safe and I've learned how what to do if I'm ever in an accident again (as in, don't say a damn word accept for hello and are you okay, and then call the cops so there is NO question of what happened.) Fingers crossed that I never have to put my new skills into use, right?

We had a great day with the knitters at Jill's house. Ellie loved seeing both big dog Henry, and little cat Rocket. The mother of Petunia and Rocky is very nice to Ellie, perhaps her bratty daughter could learn a thing or two!

Yesterday afternoon I tried out a Gymboree class with a group of local OC moms who had set up a play date at a new Gymboree location. I thought Elizabeth would like it, because she loved her tumbling classes. Yeah, no. She cried through a good portion of it. I think it's because the instructor had a VERY loud voice. I know he was trying to reach a group of toddlers, but he was hurting my ears, and I at least am an adult and know what's going on. I think she also knew he wasn't as cute as Mr. Jerry from our tumbling class. She's shallow, that kid.

She did have a few moments of fun though:
I am also pretty sure that there is nothing better in this world than watching your baby crawl to you when a huge smile on her face. That kid is an absolute doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment