Saturday, October 16, 2010

Nesting.

It's been a quiet but productive week around the house. Now that all of the painting and patching work is done and no other workmen dudes are due at my house any time soon, I was finally able to tear the place apart cleaning.

On Thursday I spent FOUR HOURS scrubbing everything down, and it was so refreshing. I played my iPod super loud, sang into the mop handle and finally felt like my house was back to normal. Went grocery shopping and filled the fridge and tackled the mountain of laundry. And while I was doing it all, I thought to myself, "okay Sequins, whenever you want now, you can come out. All of our chores are done!"

She apparently has no inclination to do so though. I wake up every morning and stare at my belly, and she is as high in my abdomen as ever. Who knows though - I've read so many different things - stories from women whose babies didn't drop until they went into labor, stories of women who went into inductions showing no progression towards labor and who had their babies pretty easily, and of course, just the stories of people who thought they were going to be pregnant forever and then suddenly whoosh, their water broke out of nowhere. Whatever happens, I just want her out and healthy and in my arms, but I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't want her to arrive via c-section. And so of course, that's what I worry about at night when I can't sleep. Or when I wake up to go to the bathroom (again) and then can't fall back asleep.

In the meanwhile, I'm still enjoying her. She's such a sweet little baby, and she's obviously so comfortable in there. Her body is still always on my left side, so when I wake up in the morning, I give her backside a little pat. On my right side are her feet, so sometimes I can poke her and get her to kick me back. Yesterday while I had my hand resting on my belly I could actually feel her practicing her breathing. I am still amazed that I grew her from that little tiny thing with paddles for arms that we saw at our 7 week ultrasound. Now she's a person! With actual arms and hands!

Tomorrow is my official due date, but of course, normal delivery dates are anywhere between 37 and 42 weeks. So she wouldn't actually be overdue until two weeks from now, she's just be post due date. I read that the average first time baby is 8 days late, so am trying to bear that in mind when I feel like OMG my baby is NEVER going to get ready and we are NEVER going to go into labor and I am going to have to have her surgically removed!

I ordered a cute diaper bag this week too, so I guess now, we're officially ready to go. Now I will just wait her out, and try to get in as many hot dates with my cute husband as I can before we become a family of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment