Monday, July 19, 2010

Welcome to the Third Trimester

Thanks, third trimester, for kicking my ass so far. I've lost control of my ab muscles, so if I need to bend over or engage my stomach, it involves quite a bit of grunting. Then today I pulled something in my back (or possibly have sciatica, which is common during the ol' pregnancy) so now I have shooting pains down one leg and a pretty good limp going on. I think someone will be giving out free massages before I go to bed (hint: it's not a cat.) I am also apparently the largest and roundest woman my dad has ever seen, as he marvels at my sheer size any time I'm around him.

Otherwise, all is well! The baby kicks all the time, though never when I'm trying to get people other than Tim to feel her. I haven't felt her hiccup yet, but I'm waiting on it. She's apparently up to two pounds now, so really turning into a little human being. I'm starting to get more and more excited to actually meet her. Once I get through all the anxiety of quitting my job, setting up for a baby and getting accustomed to the idea of a totally new lifestyle!

Tim and I had a very cultural weekend - we got to see South Pacific at the Ahmanson Saturday night, and then on Sunday night went with Ed and Erl to see a theater troupe do the Complete Works of Shakespeare (abridged.) It was at the park by the library, and we brought folding chairs and a picnic and had a really nice time. So artsy! So cultured!

We also got to try out our air conditioner this weekend. The house got up to 89 degrees inside on Friday, and after mom came over and yelled at me, I decided to fire up the A/C. It runs, and runs well thankfully. I'm still hoping we won't have to blast it too much this summer. I am old and frugal - I am already thinking wistfully of how our old window unit would freeze our apartment for 12 hours straight and only cost $1 when all was said and done. The good news is that our house is fine at night if we open the windows. And of course, I have my maternity suit and am unafraid to wear out my welcome at mom and dad's pool. I've already started inviting friends over like it belongs to me. Grab a beer out of the beer fridge and come to float! Don't mind me - I'll be over here grunting because I can't use my stomach or back muscles to get out of my innertube.

No comments:

Post a Comment