Sunday, April 11, 2010

Welcome to my Crib!

A few weeks ago, my friend and coworker Lisa offered me her baby crib. Her daughter Graysen is three and in a "big girl bed" (at least for part of the night, and yes, I did offer my dad's solution to a kid that doesn't want to sleep in her own bed, but Steve and Lisa don't think hearing their daughter scream "my leg is broken! I broke my leg! Won't you come help me? Don't you love me?" would be something they would find funny haha. Mom and Dad still have a laugh at my three year old antics, and the good news is that I am relatively unscarred.)

Last night we were going to be in the LA area, so we swung by and picked up the crib. Lisa's really glad to have it out of her bedroom, and promises us that it has good karma (hers is actually the second baby who has loved on the crib.) I should be so lucky that our baby grows up as cute and sweet as Graysen. We brought all of the pieces out to the Fit, and then got to work trying to jenga everything in. The miracle? IT FIT. The Fit wins again! In order to get the headboard in, we had to: flatten out the seats, scoot the front seats up almost to the dashboard, take the headrests off the front seats and roll down the back windows, in order to get the legs of the headboard in, finally. But after about ten minutes of sweating and swearing, we were good to go, with room for Tim and I to actually ride along.

Check us out!

The only bad news was that the front seats were up too far for Tim to actually drive.

Behold, our noble electric blue steed.

Our actual plan for the evening (other than crib collection) was a birthday party for one of Tim's old coworkers. It was at a bar in Santa Monica and it was a really nice night. Lance is a total schmoozer, great at introducing people to one another, really working the party. His friends were also super nice and I had a lovely time guzzling Shirley Temples and water. Tim used his guaranteed designated driver to put on a buzz. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being DD... the only issue is that normally, when I'm in the car with Tim, I like to be either 1) reading or 2) sleeping. This parasite... I mean Wolfie... makes it almost impossible for me to stay up past 10pm, but with a hearty mid-afternoon nap, I was able to be fun at the party until 11:30, and make it home safe by 12:30. My copilot does get two thumbs up for controlling the iPod and keeping the sing a long loud and rowdy.

Speaking of cars, mom decided that the yellow Bug was not safe enough for a tiny babykins. So on Friday she and Dad went and picked up her lovely new red Toyota Prius. It's a great little car, and I'm sure Wolfie will enjoy making a ruckus in the backseat. I've already tried asking Dad if he would be ME a new car for Wolfie. He says no, and that Wolfie will be fine in the last new car he bought me. You can't blame me for trying!

This morning I got my hair cut, and am now contemplating how long of a midafternoon nap I should take. For right now, I am snuggled up on the couch with my bfunk and my cat children. It's a nice life.

OH! We also saw Date Night yesterday afternoon, and I must say, I highly recommend. Unless you don't like funny things. In which case, why are you reading this blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment