Sunday, December 6, 2009

Another Sunday Night Update.

We've had a pretty average week around here, though I for one am ready for the holidays and possibly a nap. The commute is still going okay, but only having a few hours to myself every day gets a little old. I mean, the train is fine and a great place to take naps, but it's not particularly comfortable, and it's always a juggle to try to fit everyone's knees into the same little space, and I always seem to fall asleep with my mouth hanging open.

This weekend we did a little more work around the house. I finally made some decisions as to where our pictures were going to go, and took a particular delight in pounding nails into the freshly painted walls (it's my house! I can do what I want!)

Tim put my Macbeth poster up in the family room. This corner of the house makes me feel S-M-R-T.

In our entry way I put up a bunch of our important pictures - the trip to China with the Thiels, the trip to Ireland with the Fords, our wedding photos and of course, most importantly, pictures of us at Lambeau.

In the office above my CD cases I put our framed albums (okay, my framed albums. But Tim enjoys show tunes too!) We have Cabaret, the Sound of Music, The King and I and Singing in the Rain.

Then in the baby's room is a copy of an album that Tim and Jake used to listen to at their grandma's house. It is about being virtuous and patient, allegedly.

I know you are thinking, why the picture of your car Meg? Who cares? Well folks, see the passenger side headlight? It was out this week, but I got a bulb and I fixed it all by myself. I even took the battery out to do so (had to borrow Dad's socket set, but that is beside the point.)

This upcoming week we'll be doing a lot of planning for Timmy Joe's 30th birthday party/our housewarming extravaganza. I am planning on baking assorted desserts and the moms have agreed to help out with sides. In the meanwhile, it's only 6:30 but I'm ready for bed. I was up at 7, because the cats were having a slap fight with Jonesy through the sliding glass door. They are getting braver about protecting their territory. Even Thory is putting up a fuss... and the running away.

No comments:

Post a Comment